The site is currently divided under 9 menu tabs, all of which have sub menus apart from the FP Biographies and Contact tabs.
Events–> All the News and Events – is our Blog, where we post club news and details of upcoming club events.Tap or click on the items to see more.
Photos from Recent Events – Photos linking to Galleries of photos from recent events.
Event Photos up to 2021 – Galleries of photos from our events up until the December Drinks in 2021
Annual Dinner 2020 – Contains an audio recording of long serving teacher “Badger” Jock Dewer, as well as a photo gallery of the 2020 Dinner
Quarterly Drinks 2001 – 2003 – Between around 2001 to 2003 the Club enjoyed a resurgence, with quarterly drinks arranged at pubs in the City. These were mostly held together with FPs from Stewarts Melville. At some point these became Scots in London events with anyone with a Scottish connection welcome.
Poetry Prize – The London Club sponsors the school’s ‘Prize For An English Poem’ at the annual prize-giving ceremony. Winning poems are published here.
Reflections on a Musical Life – Speech given by Bill Strang at our March 2020 Annual Dinner
Event Photographs on Flickr – Many of our photographs from events are in Albums on Flickr. This links to our Flickr pages.
Galleries has 9 sub menu items:
- Where Are They Now – using old group photos to reunite classmates, team-mates, band members etc.
- Drama at the Royal High – Pages with memories and photos of plays performed at the school.
- The Big Musicals 2007 to 2010 Between 2007 and 2010 the Royal High School staged three big musicals. We Will Rock You, High School Musical and Hairspray. Here are the Programs for these shows.
- Event Photos with links to further pages for each event
- John Cruikshank VC – The School’s celebration of his 100th birthday.
- School Buildings – photos of the school from the 1920’s to more recent times
- Club Archives – documents from the club archives – school plays, Top of the Form, Royal Visit, old member lists
- Royal Visit – on 4th July 1958 the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh paid on official visit to the Royal High School. These are a few photographs from the event.
About is of course about the club and what it does, while sub menu item ‘Our Committee’ has mug shots and mini biographies of all the current club committee members.
FP Biogs – Rector Pauline Walker recently asked the School Historian to create a number of contemporary biographies. This is not to say that Walter Scott, Alexander Graham Bell or Ronnie Corbett are not special, simply that there are many pupils in the Barnton era, and even since the millennium who have made considerable names for themselves.
Through Rose Tinted Spectacles – Robert Dunnett’s acerbic look back at his schooldays in the 60’s, in three parts
Happy Days – well happy for some. This is where former pupils and teachers can tell their tales of school life. It kicks off with ‘By Their Names Shall You Know Them’ where we hear about the nicknames applied to our teachers by the wags over the years
This is followed by stories grouped roughly by decade up to the nineties. We’d love to hear what happened at the school since then. Is it just too dull these days? All work and no play?
Also included in Happy Days is former head of music, Dr John Murray’s accounts of leading music tours to Europe.
Obituaries – Obituaries of RHS Club in London members and RHS teachers.
Additional links to pages within the site can be found under ‘Links’ in the footer below.
Currently these are –
- Home – return to the Home page
- Links – websites related to the school or former pupils
- Site Map – this page
- Join US – use our form to request to join the club or contact us.
- Past Events – This page covers events from 2006 to 2015
- Events Archive – This is a list of pre 2006 events.
- Poetry – The London Club sponsors the school’s ‘Prize For An English Poem’ at the annual prize-giving ceremony. Winning poems are published here.
Links to all the pages on our web site are now listed alphabetically under ‘All Pages’ in the footer below.